I coach and speak with women everyday and one of the most popular questions is, how can I create success in my life? The answer is loaded and means something different for every woman. Your definition of success might be grounded in internal hurdles, external milestones or both. Your success meter may be on public display (cars, houses, promotions), for private viewing only (overcoming abuse, neglect or depression) or maybe you are unable or unavailable to plant the seeds of success in your own spirit.
Wanting to be happy, healthy and whole is not enough. You have to work through the years and decades of self-sabotage, limiting beliefs, blame, guilt and shame. As women, we tend to be “bag ladies”, as brilliantly expressed through song by Ms. Erykah Badu. You carry these heavy loads of, often negative, life experiences on your back, and wonder why you can’t stand up straight.
In fact, your bags have become a part of who you are, most likely rooted in childhood or some life-altering thing you experienced or witnessed, that forever changed the trajectory of who you were destined to be. Destiny is divine and your bags may have slowed down the momentum of your success, but only you can kick it into high gear and up level your life.
Give yourself permission to “let it go, let it go, let it go, let it go…” and release any thing, person or place that doesn’t serve your passion, purpose and possibilities. Success is a foundation-al experience. You have to build a strong base and build upon it’s foundation, one solid decision, choice and win at a time.
So I assure you that success is available to you, in whatever shape or form you desire, but you have to do the work. You have to get committed to creating fertile ground in which to plant your seeds. You have to take the time to identify your weaknesses and release them or convert them into strengths. Here are a few steps to get you started…
- Breathe. Breathing deep purposeful breathes is one of the most important things you can do to get clear, stay calm and de-clutter your mind. It helps you stay connected to your consciousness and allows you to focus on your goals.
- Set your intentions. Release into the universe what you want to see manifested into your life. Align everything you do with the intentions you set to produce the results you want. Be crystal clear, definitive and give it a date, time, location, color, etc.
- Be still. Quiet your mind and body so that you can connect with your spirit. Oftentimes, the answers you seek can’t be heard over the nose and busyness in your mind. Be deliberate in your quiet time and be open to receive.
- Write. Start a journal and everyday write at least one page about all the things you are grateful for. Also write to release your burdens, troubles, worries and toxic thoughts. Learn to dump it in your diary.
- Visualize. Create a vision board by accumulating visual representations of what you want to see in your life. You can also place quotes and inspirational words on post-its and place them around areas of you home you spend the most time in.
- Affirm it. Find positive words of encouragement and recite them throughout the day. Feed your mind and spirit with quality, uplifting poems, books and music.
- Get clear. Write down your specific goals in their order of importance in your life. Getting crystal clear on exactly what you want and when you want it sets you up for success.
- Evaluate. You should now have some form of clarity around the steps you need to take going forward. Step back to ensure you haven’t left off any key components.
- Get in action. Create a realistic action plan to accomplish your goals. Now start doing. Move purposefully in the direction of the goals that you’ve set for your life. Find the people, places and things that will help bring your dreams to fruition.
- Seek support. Find resources that can assist you in your journey to success and sign up for my e-course, 10-Day Detox to Declare, Define and Design Your Truest Self.
I love reading your comments. Click here to let me know how you’ve implemented these steps into your life and the results in my private online community.